Every Tuesday, Thriveology’s Dr. Mark formulates a special tincture at a reduced rate for our Thrive Community, masterfully crafted with the finest sourced herbs in the world.
This week, Dr. Mark has combined herbs from all over the planet to make a special blend to keep you buzzing with natural energy. When we are feeling low energy and in need of a pick-me-up, oftentimes it’s because our adrenal gland is fatigued. The adrenal gland is our battery pack and gives us energy throughout the day, but we tend to burn it out in our hectic lives. Most people have more energy in the morning because of cortisol, and “crash” sometime after eating lunch. All of the herbs in my Mojo Tincture have benefits for helping the adrenal gland to adapt better. These herbs are called adaptogens, and act on the adrenal gland to produce substances that give us the feeling of being alive, vital, and having energy.
- Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) – In Chinese medicine, licorice is the only herb that goes into every meridian in the body. It has properties that are anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, and affects the adrenal gland better than almost any other herb. Some people don’t make enough cortisol and others burn it too quickly. Licorice extends the half-life of cortisol.
- Rhodiola rosea (Siberian Rose) - This is used by Olympic athletes as well as race horses. It helps you run faster, longer, and have more endurance.
- Aralia californica (Elk Clover) – Aralia is less known, yet packs a punch! It is one of very few herbs that gives us increased energy while producing a cooling effect.
- Lepidium meyenii (Maca) – In the high altitude of the Andes, runners have found that if they eat maca root, they have greater endurance and stronger muscle activity. Maca has over 55 phytochemicals that are known to have vitality-enhancing effects on the body.
- Panax quinquefolius (American Ginseng) – There are three different ginsengs in this formula that are similar but have different properties. Ginsenosides are compounds that are unique to Panax herbs. They have stimulating effects on the cardiovascular system, central nervous system, and immune system.
- Panax ginseng (Asian Ginseng)
- Eleutherococcus senticosus (Siberian Ginseng)
What You Can Expect: Some herbs that give us energy cause the body to get warmer, so I designed this tincture to be balanced with cooling herbs so that it has a neutral effect. Mojo will quickly give you increased physical energy and that can last for 1 hour or more, so do not take right before bed.
Contraindications: In general, anybody with a medical condition should check with their health care provider before taking herbs. Specifically, this should not be used by those taking the blood thinner Coumadin, nor should it be taken by those with high blood pressure.
Dosage: The effect of tinctures are dose dependent, because each of us are unique. The average recommendation is 30 drops and it can be repeated up to 4 times in a row, every hour. Some people may need to double, or even triple the dose for efficacy. Others who are more sensitive will need ½ or even 1/3 of the dose.
If you need more Mojo, call Thriveology’s Denver, Colorado office at (303)636-0000. This is a limited time offer and we will run out. (6/23/15 – 6/30/15)